The Agency (Recruitment Ltd)
- 25 days holiday, plus stats
- Gym facilities
- Canteen facilities, providing hot and cold drinks
- Free parking
- Great culture and supportive company
- Christmas shutdown (holidays need to be saved for this)
Our very well established, highly profitable, market leading local manufacturer, based in Huddersfield are seeking an experienced Accounts Assistant to supporting the Assistant Accountant.
Thesuccessfulcandidatewillbeatrueprofessional,withcommunicationandpeopleskills required to query and challenge where necessary. Amotivatedself-starter with strong organisational and administration skills who will have a keen eye for detail as well as being able to effectively prioritise their day-to-day workload.
Also, this role would be ideal for someone keen to progress and develop the ‘Accounts Assistant’ role going forward.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Processing electronic invoices for authorisation
- Dealing with purchase ledger
- Liaising with purchase ledger order team, purchasing manager, and logistics manager
- Liaising with suppliers
- Matching delivery notes from suppliers
- Annual budget reports for accounts audit
- Keeping copies of invoices for environmental audit preparation
- Processing of incoming statements
- Completing and sending new account applications for new suppliers
- Assisting the assistant accountant with various duties
- Input new supplier details onto 123 system, and fill in the credit account forms
- Look after the returnable packaging spreadsheet
- Managing internal debit notes, and matching to supplier credit notes
- Updating and completing internal quality records when required
- Managing electronic supplier files
- Dealing with departmental post
Experience and skills required:
- Previous experience within an accounts dept. is ESSENTIAL
- You must be IT literate, in particular MS Office suite and MS Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work effectively as an individual or as part of a team
The hours of work are 37.5 per week – Monday to Friday and will be based on site at our client’s premises in HD1, where they have free onsite parking.
GDPR Disclaimer:Please appreciate that whilst we review all CV’s and applications, due to the high volume that we receive on a regular basis, we only respond to candidates that have been successful with their application. As such, if you do not hear from us within 14 working days, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful. Additionally. please note that sending a CV does not constitute a registration with THE Agency (Recruitment) Limited. In line with GDPR we will permanently delete information for all unsuccessful applications, and we will not keep candidate information on file for future vacancies at this stage of our process.
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.