Here at the University of Huddersfield International Centre, we pride ourselves on providing a supportive learning experience that prepares our students for the challenges of undergraduate and postgraduate study. We are dedicated to providing excellent academic and English skills and knowledge that will enable our students to progress onto their chosen programme of study at the University and an eventual successful career. Our academic team enjoy a collaborative approach to teaching and learning by supporting each other in the planning, delivery and evaluation of our programmes and modules' content. We place the student at the centre of all we do, so if you are passionate about changing lives through opportunities in education and are fully committed to providing a fantastic student experience, this role is for you!
* Plan appropriate, effective and inclusive learning programmes through schemes of work that promote equality and engage with diversity
* Plan teaching sessions which accommodate individualised learning using a variety of resources, including digital learning (lesson planning)
* Ensure all learning materials are available on the VLE for students to access and engage with.
* Apply the principles of learning to provide learning activities to meet curriculum requirements and the needs of all students
* Select the relevant learning approaches and skill development to ensure students’ progress
* Contribute to the provision of a stimulating learning environment whilst adhering to the Centres’ Health and Safety procedures.
* Apply the theories and principles of assessment including initial, diagnostic, formative and summative assessment
* Use a variety of methods to check to learn in lessons (formative assessment)
* Ensure that interactive assessment activities are available to students through the VLE
* Provide regular and timely feedback to students to enable them to improve and achieve their qualifications
* Prepare students for summative assessment whether for an exam, course work or assignments etc.
* Engage in moderation of assessment materials and student work
* Maintain up-to-date and accurate records of student attendance and progress
* Respond promptly and appropriately to lapses in student attendance, punctuality, behaviour and application to their studies by individual conversations with students, referrals to progress coaches or where appropriate, senior management.
* Be available to offer support to students as required (eg workshops, booster and revision classes)
* Support students to progress to the University by being proactive in liaising with University Schools and linking tutors
* Take responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the well-being of students in your care. Refer to support services where appropriate.
* Demonstrate and update subject specialist knowledge to ensure the currency of specialist teaching
* Work as part of the Business Team to produce and develop an exciting curriculum for students
* Participate in the development of the VLE and contribute subject knowledge for the development of materials for the Business module.
* Participate in the development and application of digital learning
* A Cert Ed, PCET or PGCE teaching qualification (working towards, or willing to achieve)
* Qualified to Degree level or professional equivalent in a relevant subject area (Essential)
* Desirable Postgraduate qualification in a related field
* Successful teaching, learning and assessment experience at levels 3 and 4 is essential, experience at level 6 is desirable
* Thorough subject knowledge of Business including related fields such as Marketing, Law and Finance
* Experience in teaching International Students (Desirable)
* Experience in supporting students in a pastoral role
* Experience in developing learning and teaching through digital learning platforms
We are a global pathway provider in International Education, working collaboratively with over 50 universities worldwide, offering over 500 undergraduate and postgraduate teaching programmes. Voted as 2017, 2018, 2020, and 2021 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class education to talented students from across the globe.
With a truly global outlook and offices all over the world, our international team uses its expertise, knowledge, and commitment to create opportunities and add value. We are determined to grow and innovate in our field, providing our students and partners with high-quality outcomes across the higher education spaceORGANISATIONAL COMPLIANCE
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
We adopt a rolling recruitment process meaning that we review applications as they are submitted. To avoid disappointment, please ensure that you apply asap
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.