Syngenta Crop Protection
R5 Plant is the manufacturing stream for the production of Fluazifop, the active ingredient for Fusilade.
The plant is both manual & partly computer controlled, via a Siemens Process Control System, and run as an integrated asset team of 15 CPTs and 2 Day Support Staff.
- Responsibility for chemical operations across the plant.
- Responsibility for selected maintenance operations on the plant.
- Work safely, efficiently & flexibly across stages one, two & three of the process & plant.
- Manufacture of Fluazifop & RHPP as part of a flexible manufacturing team.
- To co-ordinate and direct operations and have knowledge of the overall state of the plant. These duties are carried out largely unsupervised, and they are required to decide when the involvement is required at a higher level.
- Performs in-plant quality control sampling, testing & laboratory routines.
- Performs raw material movements in line with priorities.
- Performs asset care duties.
- Deliver & receive plant handovers.
- Typically, a minimum of three years’ experience operating in a chemical process plant.
- Relevant qualification in process operation.
- HSE standards & procedures knowledge.
- Chemical & fire & explosion hazards awareness.
- Basic Chemistry knowledge.
- Quality assurance procedures
- Analytical testing.
- Lean manufacturing awareness.
- Safe systems of work.
Whilst this role offers a competitive base pay, at Syngenta we value total reward which includes the benefits we offer to our employees. We support well-being, offering comprehensive benefits including flexible working, generous holiday entitlement, discretionary bonus scheme, competitive pension scheme, private medical insurance and employee assistance programme.
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.