A large and highly successful manufacturer of precision machined products and components requires a Contrcts and Compliance Manager to be based at their Huddersfield site.
• To review and lead (where applicable) in the negotiation of contractual agreements and changes with customers and suppliers.
• To work closely with key stakeholders to ensure all commercial risks are highlighted and mitigated.
• To support effective contract management during programme execution , including contract changes and supporting the change control process.
• To work with Procurement to advise on contractual obligations and risk and ensure flow down and risk mitigation is in place.
• To maintain contractual coverage for key customers and suppliers.
• To provide training and support to Sales and Procurement.
• To obtain specialist external knowledge and counsel where required.
• To help resolve disputes and claims effectively ensuring the best outcome for the company.
• To oversee and support the protection of the Company’s intellectual property rights, including trademarks and patents.
• To generate, own and update processes to ensure compliance with confidentiality, export, and similar contractual and legal obligations, including but not limited to:
o UK Export Control
o Ireland Export Control
o End User Undertakings
o Export Licences
o Classification of product / parts
o FARs, DFARs and other special contract conditions.
o Quality notes.
o UK Government Security Classification
o Sale and Procurement of goods and services
o Physical security, IT security and personnel vetting
o REACH compliance ownership
o GDPR compliance ownership
• To generate, own and update standard templates for:
o Quotations (terms and conditions only)
o Purchase Orders (terms and conditions only)
o Standard Terms and Conditions
o Distributor and Agency Agreements
o Long Term Supplier Agreements/Master Supply Agreements.
o Standard Terms of Purchase
• Effective communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
• Exceptional attention to detail, and talent for accuracy and precision.
• Deep understanding of contracts, contract governance, contractual language and the contract lifecycle, ideally gained in the aerospace, defence or similar sectors.
• Critical thinking skills and the ability to research and understand legal and financial implications.
• Superior reading, writing and language skills.
• Excellent understanding of Reliance’s business environment and those of its customers and suppliers.
• Ability to discuss and negotiate with other team members and customers / suppliers, reaching compromise as required.
• Able to understand the objectives and context of contracts within the wider commercial situation.
• A self-starter, capable of delivering high quality, complex work with minimum supervision.
• Excellent stakeholder management skills with the ability to interact and influence internally and externally.
• A dynamic, but calm, confident individual able to deal with complex work in a measured way.
If you are interested in the role of Contracts and Compliance Manager please submit your CV for consideration
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.