Working for a leading Technology company who manufacture specialist bespoke products globally, we are recruiting for an Engineering Manager. Reporting into the Technical Director, the Engineering Manager will be responsible for managing the Engineering Team, It is a people / project / resource management role with 13 direct reports. The Engineering Design Manager will has proven experience within detailed design and have the capability of manging multiple projects.
Responsibilities of the Engineering Manager:
* Manages staff and assigns tasks to engineering personnel.
* Implements and refines product development, testing, and manufacturing processes.
* Responsible point of contact for internal and external auditors involved in the auditing of the design and development process.
* Assures that processes meet quality and safety compliance guidelines.
* Oversees project requirements and resource allocation.
* Manages resources needed for the Engineering Team to excel, including researching and proposing capital investments.
* Creates and oversee project budgets and engages in cost management strategies.
* Communicates technical information to non-technical stakeholders.
* Forges and maintains relationships with suppliers and customers.
Desirable Technical Skills required from the Engineering Manager:
* Previous knowledge of planning, managing and delivering design and development projects involving small to medium batch manufacturing of discrete and complex products and sub-components.
* Knowledge and experience of any of the following Quality Standards: AS9100 Aerospace, ISO9001 QMS, ISO13485 Medical Devices, TS16949 Automotive, EASA Part 21 sub-part G Production and sub-part J Design.
* Knowledge of PFMEA and/or APQP would be advantageous.
* A sound commercial and financial understanding is required.
* Knowledge and experience of Project Management software tools such as MS Project is necessary.
* Strong IT skills: Word, PPT, Excel, screen sharing and audio/video conferencing
* Ability to chair & minute meetings and good facilitator of calls/meetings to ensure all participants are included.
* Strong report writing and presentation skills.
* Ability to multitask concurrent projects.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience of the Engineering Manager:
* Mechanical Design background.
– Degree / or apprentice trained.
* Chartered Engineer status is an advantage.
Fantastic Opportunity to be part of a large well established modern Engineering Manaufacturing business. Please call Matthew Lorryman on (phone number removed) for further information
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.