CareerMakers Recruitment is currently recruiting Production Operatives on behalf of our client, based in Huddersfield, HD2 area.
· You will be required to set up frames for production, count parts, pack finished product and sign off paperwork.
· You will be on your feet all day, moving and lifting aluminium parts and panels.
· We are looking for people with loads of energy, enthusiasm and who are up for the challenge and willing to learn
· Key Skills – reliability, numeracy, accuracy and responsibility
· You need the ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team.
· You also need great timekeeping skills
· You need to be enthusiastic and adaptable to carry out duties with a flexible attitude.
· Experience in an engineering environment
· Ability to interpret engineering drawings
· Understanding of fabricated panel designs
· Manual handling experience
· A good standard of GCSE’s
A general operative will undertake work in all areas of the factory.
· Responsible for bringing material into the jigging area, keep team leader or shift supervisor informed of stocks of jig straps
· Shall inspect work for obvious defects and/or poor surface, and report as needed.
· Responsible for attaching customer work to the work carrier.
· Ensure a good contact is made between the carrier and the jig strap. Using the correct method of attaching work to the jig as per instructions given
· Ensure jig straps are stripped of any anodised film before re-use.
· After the inspector has passed a jig, unload the finished work into stillage’s, ensuring adequate packing material between profiles to avoid transit damage on movement to the packing area.
· Jigging, de-jigging and packing of small items, inform team leader or shift supervisor of any discrepancies
· Handle and pack customer materials correctly at all times ensuring no damage can occur before and during transportation.
· Bring to the attention of the team leader or shift supervisor any faults observed on the material whilst packing.
· Responsible for ensuring packing procedures are followed.
· Be available to do reasonable overtime to cover busy periods
· Good housekeeping of work areas throughout each shift is essential.
· This includes . Keep the yard clean from cardboard, and other packaging material etc.
· Separate waste as per skips available i.e., cardboard/aluminium/other waste
· General waste to be cleared and put in the general rubbish bin.
· Assist with the training of new employees as per instructions from team leader or shift supervisor
· Perform any general duties as requested by team leader, shift supervisor or managers
· You are responsible to the team leader and shift supervisor.
Pay rate: 10 £ / hour
The factory is open 24 hours 5 days a week. With occasional weekend working.
Shifts are 12 hours, 7am-7pm / 7pm-07am (rotating)
Week 1 Mon off, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri days
Week 2 Mon days, Tues off, Wed, Thurs, Fri night
Week 3 Mon, Tues night, Wed, Thurs, Fri off
Average 40 hours per week over 3 week cycle
If you are interested in the role, and have the relevant experience please apply with your CV or give us a call on 01942 834 107
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.